SUZAN A. ABRAMSON
firstname.lastname@example.org | (407) 316-0393
Suzan Abramson is a business attorney with more than thirty years of experience in commercial transactions, securities offerings, corporate finance and securities law. Ms. Abramson focuses her practice on business contracts, venture capital and private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, business structuring, joint ventures and entity formation.
As part of the fabric of the entrepreneurial community for over three decades, Ms. Abramson serves as a strategic advisor and outside general counsel for businesses across a wide spectrum of industries. She has represented businesses from their inception through their initial public offering and beyond. Focusing her career on growing businesses, Ms. Abramson’s practice includes the drafting and negotiation of all manner of commercial contracts, structuring and negotiating financing transactions, preparing securities offering documents and compliance with federal and state securities laws.
Ms. Abramson’s transactional experience, combined with her skills as a problem-solver, legal counselor and trusted advisor, makes her ideally suited to help growth-oriented businesses.
Representative Matters Include:
- Numerous start-up and emerging companies through formation, strategic development, angel and venture capital financings and sale transactions.
- Issuers in private securities offerings, including commercial real estate, medical devices, software, consumer products, wireless telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, gaming and food service.
- Publicly held defense electronics manufacturer through sale to public company, repurchase of significant division and subsequent sale to private equity fund.
- NASDAQ listed company in PIPE transactions, strategic acquisitions and follow-on public offering.
- Large public university in structuring equity portion of technology transfer program.
- Executives of public and private companies in sale transactions as well as negotiating employment agreements, equity compensation packages and severance and transition agreements.
Professional Honors & Activities
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2017 Orlando Securities/Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2011 Orlando Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law and Securities/Capital Markets Law since 2010
- Listed in Orlando Magazine, Orlando’s Best Lawyers (2010 – 2017)
- Included in Florida Trend Magazine, Florida Legal Elite (2016)
- Member – The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Member and Prior Section Chairman – Orange County Bar Association, Corporate and Business Law Section
- Prior President and Member – Women’s Business Educational Council, Inc. Board of Directors
- Prior General Counsel – Florida Council for High Technology
- Prior Treasurer – Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Prior Consultant – Junior Achievement’s Project Business
- Prior Chair – Professional Women’s Exchange Committee
- Frequent lecturer on capital raising and corporate and securities law
- Florida, 1984
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1984
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Accounting, 1981, cum laude
Juris Doctorate, Touro Law School, Huntington, New York, 1993
Bachelor of Science, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York, 1989
Courts of Admission
- The Florida Bar
- The New York Bar